Door / Window Contact Sensor
This article contains instructions for programming a Door / Window Contact Sensor with the Total Security system.
NOTE: If you purchased the sensor as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a sensor separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Door/Window Contact Sensor with the Total Security Main Panel:
- Turn off any motion detectors to prevent accidentally programming them.
- On the Main Panel, enter your Administrator password, then press the Menu button [three horizontal lines].
- Navigate to "Sensors", then select "Sensor".
- Scroll to the desired Zone, and press OK.
- Trigger the sensor by moving it away from the magnet. The panel should say "Add - Successfully programmed."
- Scroll down twice to "Attribute." If the Attribute is not currently set to 'Instant', press 1 to change the Attribute to "Instant."
- Press OK to save your changes.
- Press the Back button 3 times to return to the starting screen.
- Turn on any motion detectors that were turned off.