Standard Motion Detector
This article contains instructions for programming a Standard Motion Detector with the Total Security system.
NOTE: If you purchased the motion detector as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a motion detector separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Standard Motion Detector with the Total Security Main Panel:
- Turn any other motion detectors OFF. Turn the motion detector you are programming ON.
- On the Main Panel, enter your Administrator password, then press the Menu button [three horizontal lines].
- Navigate to "Sensors", then select "Sensor".
- Scroll to the desired Zone, and press OK.
- Trigger the motion detector by waving in front of it. The panel should say "Add - Successfully programmed."
- Scroll down twice to "Attribute." If the Attribute is not currently set to 'Home', press 2 to change the Attribute to 'Home.'
- Press OK to save your changes.
- Press the Back button 3 times to return to the starting screen.
- Turn the other motion detectors back ON.