Guardian - Adding Or Removing Normal Accessories
This article contains instructions for programming additional accessories with the Guardian Stand-Alone Alarm.
NOTE: If you purchased the accessories as part of a kit, then they have been pre-programmed to the Safeguard already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased an accessory separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
The Guardian can be programmed with "Normal Accessories" and with "Emergency Accessories." This article contains the steps for adding "Normal Accessories" to the Guardian. There is a separate article with instructions for adding "Emergency Accessories."
Programming a Normal Accessory with the Guardian:
- Turn off any motion detectors to prevent accidentally programming them.
- Press and hold the "three vertical bars" button for 3 seconds. The Guardian will beep and the light will turn on.
- Trigger the accessory. The Guardian will beep again.
- Turn on any motion detectors that were turned off.
Deleting / Removing All Normal Accessories:
- Press and hold the "three vertical bars" button for 3 seconds. The Guardian will beep, and the light will turn on.
- Press and hold the "three vertical bars" button agan for 5 seconds. The Guardian will beep and flash 5 times.
Compatible Normal Accessories:
Door / Window Contact - trigger by separating the magnet from the sensor
Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it
Pet Immune Motion Detector - trigger by waving in front of it
Remote Key Fob - trigger by pressing any button on the fob
Vibration Sensor - trigger by tapping on the vibration sensor
Glass Break Sensor - trigger by tapping on it