Standard Motion Detector
This article contains instructions for programming a Standard Motion Detector with the S6 Titan System.
NOTE: If you purchased the motion detector as part of a kit, then it has been pre-programmed to the main panel already, and no other programming is needed. Follow these steps below if you have purchased a motion detector separately, and are now adding it to an existing system.
Programming a Standard Motion Detector with the S6 Titan Panel:
- On the Main Panel, press the Menu button [three horizontal lines]. Please note you may have to enter your Administrator password if the panel's keypad lock is enabled
- Navigate to "Sensors" press OK, then scroll down and select "Sensor" and press OK again.
- Scroll to the desired Zone, and press OK. To create a new zone scroll down to Add Zone and press OK. You may also choose to add this detector to an existing zone in which case you will see the option to select "Sensors" or "Delete". Select "Sensors" and press OK.
- Scroll to "Add a Sensor" and press OK.
- Trigger the sensor by waving in front of it. The panel will beep and you should see a binding code generated on the first line of this menu.
- Scroll down once to change the sensor name to the desired identifier. Scroll down twice to change the "Type" to the corresponding sensor if it was not automatically done. Scroll down three times to change the "Mode". Please consult your user manual for a full description of options available on this screen.
- Press the Return button to save your changes and exit the sensor programming screens. You should hear the panel say "Motion Sensor Added"
- Turn on any motion detectors that were turned off.