Why is my GSM system alarming when I didn't arm it?
This article is part of a larger troubleshooting article, "My alarm system is frequently giving me false alarms. What should I do?"
If your GSM system is triggering the alarm when you did not arm the system, one cause may be that the Timely Arm feature could have been set accidentally.
If the Timely Arm feature is enabled, the system will arm itself at a specified time of day. Here are the programming steps to enable or disable the Timely Arm feature.
Programming the Timely Arm Feature on the GSM Main Panel:
- On the Main Panel, enter your 6-digit SET password, then press Enter.
- Scroll left/right to the "Time" screen using the "4" or "6" keys, then press Enter.
- Scroll left/right to the "Timely Arm" screen, then press Enter.
- If a value between 00:00 and 23:59 is shown, then the Timely Arm feature is currently enabled.
- To DISABLE the Timely Arm feature, enter any invalid time that is outside of the 24-hour format. For example, entering "24:01" would disable the feature.
- To ENABLE the Timely Arm feature, enter a time of day in 24-hour format The system will arm automatically every day at that time.
If the Timely Arm feature was not enabled, or if disabling the Timely Arm feature did not resolve the issue, please refer back to "My alarm system is frequently giving me false alarms. What should I do?" or contact our Customer Support team.